Thursday, December 6, 2012

June...

     I have decided that I really stink at this whole blog thing. The last time I posted was in May so I will start from there. June was a very hard month for the family. My parents home burnt down in a fire along with another 60 homes. My little sister was home and my dad was able to drive around the police barricades to get her out.

      It was difficult for the family because we had a sentimental attachment to so many things in the house. My parents took thousands of pictures of us as we grew into adults. Luckily my little sister Jeni was able to get some scrapbooks out of the house. She was a champ. She even got out mine and my sisters wedding dresses. Sometimes I think of what I would have done if I would have been there; as do my brothers and sisters I'm sure. After thinking about it over the past months, I'll bet I would have froze as I saw the flames coming over the mountain.

      It was a miracle there were no human casualties. So many blessings happened that day. It really put things into perspective for us. The only thing you can really keep forever is family. So many people reached out to help. It was inspiring and we have so much gratitude in our hearts for everyone that helped in their own way. My parents quickly decided to rebuild on the same lot. The house is currently being built and it looks great. It wont be the exact same floor plan but it will be beautiful nonetheless. They expect to finish the house in June. Here are a couple pictures of the before and after.

This is before my dad left the house
This picture is after the fire in the same spot he took the first picture

And this picture is as of late. It is going to be beautiful!

No comments:

Post a Comment